How ridiculous do you feel when you are trying to load one page on chrome, Mozilla Firefox or any other browser and your browser lets you down and it does not load? because of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error.
You are trying really really bad to load the page but what exactly do you see is this:
The web page is not available ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
So, basically, your browser could not make it because savage.nps.edu exerted a long time to respond. This problem may have a reason regarding your Internet connection (Your chrome might be encountering issues because of bad Internet connectivity).
The first step you should consider to be your solution is to precisely check your Internet connection, by checking all the cables, router, modems or any other network devices you use.
Let Chrome to access the system in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If Chrome is already classified as a programme that is authorized to use the network, try excluding it from the very program and adding it again.
Are you one of the proxy server users?
If you use a proxy server, please check your system's proxy settings to make sure whether your proxy server is working properly or not, by calling your network administrator.
If you consider you should not be using one proxy server:
Go to your Chrome menu > Settings > + Show advanced settings > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
It is kind of very pissing with every browser nowadays. It is very irritating to come up certainly with ‘err_connection_timed_out’ error in your browser- chrome, firefox, opera or whatever browser you are making use of.
When you are working on your system and browsing many websites at the same time and facing, ‘err_connection_timed_out’ error for a few specific websites and not all then it is a DNS error, which is happening because of your internet IP address being blocked by firewall or drivers when you are trying to access or browse that particular website page.
But you never know, this problem of a DNS error may result due to many other reasons and you might have to look for further solutions which will help you.
That is why we have here all the solutions for your problem of an ‘err_connection_timed_out’ error, below.
Solution 1: Clear Your Cache
Clear cache from Google Chrome browser-
In the Chrome browser, we have an option for ‘Customize and control’. Click on the option at the top right corner of the page -> Then click and choose the option for ‘Settings’ -> Now you can click and choose the ‘Show Advanced Settings’ button down in the bellow, of the page -> then you go to the ‘privacy’ section -> Now you please choose the option for ‘Clear Browsing Data’ button -> check all the box in the new popup -> and in the very end click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
Clear Cache From Mozilla Firefox Browser-
Start your computer and look for the option for ‘Customize’ button in the Firefox browser -> then you have got to click on the ‘History’ button, opening firefox -> now choose the option for ‘Clear recent history’ button ->then go for the ‘Details’ option -> Check the Cookies and Cache from the box -> then click on the ‘Clear now’ button.
Solution 2: Modify Your Windows Hosts File
Some of us often use the Windows hosts file so that the certainly harmful websites and IP addresses are not allowed to harm our system in any way. So, basically, the websites and IP addresses are blocked from our access.
That is when you have to check your Windows hosts file and look for the website URL or IP addresses which are blocked and delete them from there.
To check the Windows hosts file, check it from c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. If you think you can change or delete any data from the Windows hosts file you are absolutely mistaken, you can not. If you want to edit the Windows hosts file, we have got a few helpful instructional steps for you so that you can easily do that.
Here are the fourfold steps for you to edit your Windows hosts file:
1. Got to the start menu. Search for your Notepad option. Open it and Run it as Administrator. And the end when you are assisted by UAC, just click and choose the option for "YES" and continue.
2. Opening the Notepad window, go to the topmost left corner of your screen and look for the option "File". Click, choose and open the File option by clicking the option there on the screen,"open".
3. At the bottom right of your drop-down menu, choose the option there for selecting "All Types". You will see folders in there, but choose the option for "hosts".
4. If after the last "#" sign, there are names of any websites and IP addresses then they are the one website URLs and IPs which are blocked from your access. Click on the names and delete them from the Windows Hosts File.
5. Now check the website URL and IP addresses that were blocked from your usage are properly functioning or not.
Solution 3: Flush or Renew DNS and IP Address
- Sometimes not very often but our system's DNS and IP address create this whole issue of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error. To resolve this error we should flush out the DNS and try to renew our IP address so that they do not further harm our systems.
Here are a few steps for you to flush and renew the DNS and IP address:
1. Firstly click on the "start" menu and on the search bar, type CMD and tap the enter button for your results.
2. As soon as you do the aforementioned, you will see the command prompt window popping up on your computer screen.
3. After that, we have given you below four options about which you have to copy them each and press the enter button each time after you have copied and pasted each option.
4. Once you are done with your copy- pasting work you have got to log off your system wait for a while and restart it to check whether the problem of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error is gone or not.
Solution 4: Clear Browsing Data
- With usage and time, your browser saves all your browsing data such as the app data, cookies and also the cache files which can get you to the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error.
So now we have to delete the whole browsing data from the browser we use.
This is how you should do it-
1. Click and choose the icon the top right corner of your browser, which is the "Customize and Control" icon (Looking like this ≡).
2. Click on the option given there for "settings".
3. Then scroll down and click the option for Show "Advanced Settings".
4. Now check under the "Privacy" section and click on "clear browsing data".
5. After deleting or clearing all the data from your browser, restart your computer to check if the error is still there or not.
Solution 5: Filter Your Firewall and Website
- If your browser is blocked from your Internet connection then, check for the windows firewall and internet security settings to unblock your browser from browsing the Internet.
If you have earlier installed any website filtering software in your system, this is the right time when you delete and uninstall them.
Solution 6: Change Your LAN Settings
- Sometimes you system's LAN settings block the website IP addresses.To adjust the LAN setting follow the following steps and fix it:
1. Go to the start menu. Click on the "Control panel" option.
2. Click and choose the view mode option as "Icon view".
3. Click on the "Internet options" in the end.
4. After that, the internet properties window will pop up on the screen, from there select the option for ‘Connections’ tab then click on ‘LAN Settings’ from the bottom right corner of the opened window.
5. In the new window that is opened, deselect the box that says ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ and also the one option that says ‘Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN’. Then click and choose the option for OK button and later reboot your system.
Solution 7: Talk to your ISP
- Users face the problem of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error, very often. I have also encountered one such problem with my system where later I found that my system's ISP, that is the Internet Service Provider has put my system in a safe browsing zone, due to which some of the websites were not showing up and were not loading.
To resolve this problem caused by your ISP, contact your ISP to check whether you are in some kind of a website filtering zone which is not allowing you to have an access to a few websites.
That is all we have, as the solutions to the problem of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error. I wish that the aforementioned seven solutions we have provided you with,helps you to get rid of the problem of this error.