Every computer has some or the other issue. One of most commonly reported the issue by Windows 10 users is the Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings message. If you happen to have this issue on your Windows 10 machine, we might just have the solution for you.
● Windows 10 can’t identify proxy settings – This is a typical variety of this error and it can be quickly repaired by the methods listed later in this article.
● Windows could not automatically detect proxy server – At times, you will get a message which will read that Windows can’t detect the proxy server. This problem is normally associated with your network configuration.
● Windows won’t save proxy settings – Some users have reported that they were unable to save their proxy settings. This is a basic error but you will be able to resolve it with methods mentioned in this article later.
● Windows proxy settings keep changing – This is one more very common error with the proxy. The proxy settings keep switching and they are incapable to configure the proxy.
● Windows 10 proxy settings not saving, changing – This is another disturbing error to be seen. Users were unable to save or alter their proxy settings.
Many windows 10 users complain that they have faced problems while surfing the internet as certain websites run slow and are not accessible properly.
Anyways, let's look at the 10 methods to solve the "Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings” error on Windows 10 :
Method 1 - Check your proxy server setting
1. Firstly, you have to disable proxy server in Internet Explorer.
2. Then, press the Windows Key, along with R on the keyboard.
3. After this, the Run dialog will show up, type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter key.
4. Choose the Connections tab, and then proceed by clicking on the LAN settings option.
5. Check properly and make sure if your proxy settings are right or not.
Method 2 - Reset TCP/IP
1. Hold the Windows Key along with X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
2. As soon as, Command Prompt opens up, type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
3. Once this is done, simply restart your computer and check whether the particular problem exists or not.
Method 3 - Uninstall your antivirus software
It is a well-known fact that using any computer without an antivirus can be harmful and dangerous, but there have been many cases where users have reported that some antivirus software can cause problems with the proxy settings.
Luckily for you, Windows 10 has Windows Defender that will defend your computer when you uninstall and remove your antivirus software.
So, if the windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings error doesn't show up after uninstalling your current anti-virus, you can download any other anti-virus at any time and continue using it.
Method 4 – Use System Restore
In case you find the Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings error message often, you can just be able to resolve it by implementing a System Restore.
Some users have suggested that this error can happen if you have installed any application recently or modified your network settings. To resolve the obstacle, you should perform these steps:
1. Hold the Windows Key along with S and open the system restore. Choose the Create a restore point options from the list which comes up.
2. System Properties window will open up at this point in time. Choose the System Restore option next.
3. As soon as System Restore window surfaces, select and click on Next.
4. After this, you will see a table of recent restore points. If possible, check Show additional restore points option. Select the restore point of your choice and click Next.
5. Continue with the steps of instructions which shows up on the screen to finish the restoration process.
After finishing the restoration, this error message will be resolved and your computer will work properly again. A lot of users have reported that this method can resolve the problem easily and is very helpful.
Method 5 – Perform an SFC scan
It's been tried, tested and reported that you can fix the
Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings error just by using Command Prompt. This problem can be generated by file corruption, and in order to resolve it, you will have to do the following:
1. Enter Command Prompt as administrator (Refer to method 2 in case you want to know how to do that.)
2. Now open sfc /scannow and press the Enter key.
3. SFC scan will be activated now. This entire scanning process may well require about 10-15 minutes, but you have to be patient enough to let that happen.
After the scan is completed, verify if the issue still exists. If it does, you have to use DISM scan.
To do that, open Command Prompt as administrator and enter
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
DISM scan can consume around 20 minutes or more, but you need to be patient enough to let that happen completely.
Once the DISM scan is completed, check if the problem is fixed. If you were incapable to run SFC scan before, try running it after DISM scan.
After running both scans, your problem should be fixed. Many users stated that SFC scan repaired the issue for them, so we advise you to try it out.
Method 6 – Reset your Internet settings
Sometimes Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings error can happen because of your Internet settings. Still, you can resolve the problem easily by resetting your settings to default. Follow these steps if you want to do that :
1. Hold the Windows Key along with S and open internet options. Choose Internet Options from the list.
2. Sail to the Advanced tab and click on Reset.
3. Click the Reset button. In case you wish to clear your personal data, you can do that by trying the Delete personal settings option.
4. There is an optional step in which you can Click on Restore advanced settings.
5. Once that's done, click on Apply and choose OK to save all the changes. After resetting your Internet settings the problem should be fixed.
Method 7 – Restart your network adapter
One of the easiest ways to resolve the
Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings error is to restart your network adapter. Just follow the steps written below to do that :
1. Right-click the network icon in the bottom right corner and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click on Change adapter settings from the list on the left.
3. Find your network connection, right-click it and click Disable.
4. After this, right-click your network connection again and select Enable from the list.
After restarting your network adapter the problem should be fixed and your network connection will begin to work again. Also remember, that this is not a permanent solution.
Method 8 – Enable Obtain DNS server address automatically
You will be able to fix the Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings error just by getting your DNS automatically.A lot of people enter their DNS manually, but at times it is better to use automatic settings. Follow these steps to do that :
1. Enter Network and Sharing Center and go to Change adapter settings.
2. Find your network connection, right-click on it and select Properties from the list.
3. Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties button.
4. Select Obtain DNS server address automatically and click on OK to save changes.
Once you have done that, the problem should be fixed and you’ll be able to use the Internet without any difficulties.
Method 9 – Change proxy settings
You can resolve Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings error just by changing your proxy settings. You just need to follow these steps :
1. Hold the Windows Key along with I to start the Settings app.
2. Once Settings app starts, go to the Network & Internet section.
3. In the left side, go to Proxy and in the right side disable Automatically detect settings.
Method 10 – Run network troubleshooter
One of the easiest ways to solve the problem is :
1. Open the Settings app and navigate to Update & security section.
2. In the left pane select Troubleshoot. Select Network Adapter in the right pane and click on Run the troubleshooter.
3. When Troubleshooter opens, follow the instructions on the screen to complete it.
4. Optional: Some users are suggesting to run Internet Connections troubleshooter so you can try that too.
After finishing the troubleshooter, the problem should be fixed entirely.