Sometimes while using internet on our PC or Laptop, we might come across a message which indicates that we won't be able to use the Internet anymore as our machine has some lost the internet connection. This message is commonly known as "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED".
It may seem that restarting your machine will help you but in this case, you need to pinpoint the main issue in order to solve it.
This is essential for us to understand that there can be more than one reason why we can encounter this problem.
So, to resolve it here are top 6 solutions and reasons for why we see the "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" message.
1. Checking if your network connection is properly connected or not :
In most of the situations, the "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" error message gets displayed on your screen because your machine has somehow got disconnected from the internet.
To rectify this issue, you must first check if your source network is working properly or not. If your machine is running on a WiFi connection, try using internet on another device with the help of the same Wifi network, if you are unable to access internet on some other device with the WiFi network, then check your router and its settings.
Having said that, if the internet is accessible on that other device, the problem lies with your PC or Laptop and in that case, you should check the network setting for your PC or Laptop.
If you're not using WiFi connection, then check all the plugs and whether they are connected properly to your machine or not.
2. Change Internet settings :
There can be some problems with your network settings, which might result in "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" error.
To configure them, you need to follow some really easy steps :
1. Hold the Windows Key along with S and open internet options. Choose and click Internet Options from the panel which is been displayed.
2. Go to Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
3. Check whether the Automatically detect settings and Use a proxy server for your LAN are unchecked.
Once you have completed this step you can open your browser and check if your internet is back or not.
There is another way to turn off the proxy server by performing the following steps :
1. Enter the Settings app and go to Network & Internet segment.
2. Go to Proxy tab and turn off Automatically detect settings and Use a proxy server options.
3. Try disabling or uninstalling your antivirus/ firewall :
Sometimes, the third-party antivirus or firewall software can interrupt your internet connection resulting in "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" error. So, you can temporarily disable them and check if your internet is working again or not. If it doesn't work, you might want to uninstall this software for some time. Once your internet is back and working properly again you can easily download and use that antivirus software again.
4. Reinstall your network adapter
Sometimes the "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" error can happen if your network adapter drivers aren’t completely cooperative with your operating system, or if they are poorly installed. To correct this problem, one is suggested to reinstall their drivers. This is an easy method, and in order to do it, you need to obey these steps:
This is an easy method, and in order to do it, you need to obey these steps:
Once you have deleted the driver, restart your machine. When your machine restarts, the default driver would be installed. If the default driver operates fine, and if the problem is fixed, you can continue using it. If the driver doesn’t run, you might have to go and download the latest version.
5. Flush DNS and reset network settings
If you flush DNS and reset network settings you might find useful for resolving the "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" error.
You must open Command Prompt to execute these steps
1. Hold the Win key and type “cmd“. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
2. In Command Prompt, type the subsequent lines. (You must press Enter key after each line of command and wait for the method to perform before you go to the next line.
3. Restart your machine and open your Internet browser. Review and notice if the error has gone or not.
6. Clear browsing data and cache
More than a few users have reported in the past that clearing the browsing data and cache on Google Chrome and solve the "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" error so you should give it a try.
1. Click the Menu icon at the top of the right corner and select Settings.
2. When the Settings tab opens up, move to the end of the page and left-click on Show advanced settings.
3. Proceed to the Privacy segment and select the Clear browsing data button.
4. In Obliterate the following items from area click on the beginning of time choice. From the menu click on Cookies and other site and plug-in data, Cached images and files and Hosted app data. To remove these chosen items, select the Clear browsing data key.
5. Once you are done with all the steps, you can restart chrome browser and see if the issue is resolved or not.