When you play games on Windows 10, at times you may witness an error called "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware". This error is very irritating as it spoils your gaming experience. Plenty of Windows 10 users have encountered this error and reported it.
It appears that this problem is gaming-related as it happens when users need to start a video game or a browser which has the ability to play online games. This problem can be encountered due to various reasons varying from software issues to hardware issues.
But there is nothing to worry as even this error can be fixed by doing some really some things. Let us now look at the 7 easy solutions to the "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" error.
Before I start, I would like to mention that, these solutions are exclusively for Windows 10 operating system but you can use some of them to fix the "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" error in other Windows operating systems too.
Solution 1 : Run System File Checker and DISM commands
The Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware error can be caused by the corrupted or damaged system files in some cases. To fix this issue you need to recover your system files. The method to do that is as follows:
1. Type cmd in the search box from Start menu. Then right-click on Command Prompt and follow up by selecting Run as administrator.
Click YES when advised by the User Account Control.
2. Type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key. Patiently wait for the scanning process to finish and show 100% complete.
3. Then type the commands written below and press the Enter key after each.
4. Restart your Windows 10 machine and start your gaming software again. Check whether the issue has been solved or not.
Solution 2: Updating Your Video Card Drivers
This is the go-to solution for a lot of video card problems. This may seem like the usual solution. But there was a case where the Windows 10 user encountered the Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware error and found the following method helpful :
1. Visit NVIDIA’s Official Site
2. Visit AMD’s Site
3. For Intel Users
Solution 3: Replace Your RAM
The Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware error is one of the most difficult error in Windows 10 to solve but there are some users who have solved it doing one thing: Replacing their faulty RAM. To check whether the issue is actually caused because of your RAM, you need to make sure that your RAM is working fine or not. You can have a trained person with expertise to tell you whether your deduction is correct or not.
But in order to do them correctly, you need to make sure of a few of things. Those are as follows:
1. RAM Type: Make sure you get the identical type of RAM for your PC or Laptop. For example, if your computer works with DDR2 RAM, you should replace it with DDR2 RAM as well.
2. Turn Off Everything: Everything should be cut from any power source and you should even take out the battery if you are dealing with a laptop.
3. Know Your Sockets Properly: You can only install RAM in a limited number of sockets so consider using RAM sticks of greater memory.
Solution 4: Properly Seat Your Graphics Card
There have been many users reported of fixing the Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware error by properly executing this method. This error can happen when accidentally your graphics card has fallen out of place from its original position.
The ideal way to do this is as follows :
1. Turn off your computer properly.
2. Set your CPU aside and open the unit cautiously.
3. See if your graphics card fits in properly or not.
Solution 5: Clean the Fan on the Inside of Your PC/Laptop
In some cases, the "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" error can be caused fixed by an unexpected solution. The CPU fan is one of most essential part of your computer. Its performance is directly related to the performance of your machine.
If a lot of dust or dirt gets accumulated onto the fan, especially on the blades, inside your PC or Laptop the flow of air which the fan produces can get reduced which will eventually lead to the overheating of your machine. Due to this overheating, your computer will make your processor and graphics card not perform according to its capabilities.
1. Use a small vacuum cleaner to pull up as much dust as possible as soon as you open your PC or laptop.
2. Use something as same as cotton buds to reach any remote area and clean the dirt present there.
Solution 6: Downclock Your Graphics Card
People are generally accustomed to hearing the term overclocking. It’s a method by which you overpower your graphics card or your processor to work at a frequency rate more than it was intended to during designing, in order to improve performance. This may create some uncertainty and it’s an advanced method. On the other hand, Underclocking or downclocking make your machine work at a slower pace in order to keep everything cooler and save energy.
Downclocking is a safer method and some users have said that it fixed their "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" error.
Solution 7: Reinstall Your Drivers from the beginning
If none of the above solutions worked out well for you in order to solve the "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" error then you need to do apply this method which will certainly solve your problem. All you need to do is that you will have to wipe out all of your Nvidia drivers and start again from the beginning.
1. You may use a tool named Display Driver Uninstaller which will remove all of your drivers without leaving anything behind to remove or work with.
2. Download the drivers manually, without using GeForce Experience and download them from the Nvidia website. If you already had the latest drivers and encountered the "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" error, go back to downloading do the older one.
Let us know in the comments section below whether you liked the solutions which we provided and were helpful to you in any way.