One of my friends started playing a game on the ARK and his game kept on crashing everytime he tries to fix it and play and in the end, it always said video driver crashed and was reset.
He has tried to attempt all the fixes he could managed to handle and has surveyed online, for example, putting the graphics on low, running the game on low memory mode, authenticating game files, etc.
His system specifications were:
There were no problems when he was running his game on high graphics but soon after that the game always crashes after some time.
When he was verifying and approving the game files before he was starting to play the game it said 3 files were recovered and He can play for some time longer like an hour or so but then it crashes automatically.
Also, he tried all the points we have mentioned below:
1) Monitoring the graphics card for any issues specifically overheating. No issues were found.
2) Adjusting the graphics settings to low and high
3) Further checks system-wide and diagnostics
4) Fixing the game
5) Uninstalling and re-downloading and placing the game
6) Operating with no launch options
7) Reinstalling all drivers
8) Reinstalling Windows
9) Virus scans
If you are also on the game ARK: Survival Evolved, and you are continuously coming across an error message Video driver crashed and was reset, you are not the only one suffering. Many ARK players are reporting about this error message.
ARK is an action-adventure survival video game, which has been developed newly in the month of August 2017 by Studio Wildcard in collaboration with Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, and Virtual Basement. The game is compatible with the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Although hundreds of thousands of people are interested in this game and are up for trying it, it costs a significant amount of money. Moreover, the game is remarkably in demand and requiring High settings.
Therefore, before buying this game, make sure that the specificities of your device are good enough to run all the ARK epic games.
The good news for you is that you can fix this error very easily with 4 easy solutions.
Here are the four solutions for the aforementioned error message.
Solution 1: Change the launch options of your game
Solution 2: Update display drivers
Solution 3: Increase GPU processing time
Solution 4: Re-install display drivers
The error message may occur because of the graphics driver you are using is not up to date.
You should reach out to try updating your graphics driver, that you are using for your system and see if this fixes your difficulty.
SOLUTION 1: Please try to change the launch options for your game
You may also encounter the error message because the game has put a shitload of the burden on your computer.
You can change the launch options of your game on Steam to disable some of the features and improve its performance.
To do that, please-
1) Open Steam and go to the Library.
2) By Right-clicking the Ark: Survival Evolved select the option for Properties.
3) Click and choose the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
4) Type “-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 -nomansky -low memory -novsync” (without the quotation marks) in the text box and click OK in the end.
5) Close the Properties window and launch your game. If this works for you, you won’t get the error message again.
SOLUTION 2: Update display drivers
Since the error message itself indicates the main reason for the error – video driver – it goes without any doubt that updating display drivers could be one of the right solutions.
1) Right-click and select the Windows key and then select Device Manager.
2) Expand Display Adapters section then click and choose the Intel HD Graphics driver.
3) Select Update Driver. Do the exact same with the NVIDIA GeForce driver.
SOLUTION 3: Increase GPU processing time
1) Press and select the Windows key + R, type regedit, and then press the Enter button.
2) Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers directory on the left side of the screen.
3) Find the TdrDelay DWORD. If it’s not available, right-click on an empty space and select New -> DWORD.
4) Name it TdrDelay.
5) Double-click on TdrDelay DWORD and change its
value from 2 to 8
6) Finally, reboot your system at the end.
SOLUTION 4: Re-install Display drivers
Many ARK gamers are still found complaining about the error message even after updating their display drivers. So here is another solution for you to try to Re-install the graphics driver you are using.
1. In the first step, right-click and select the Windows key > choose Device Manager.
2. Then expand the Display Adapters section > click on the display driver option provided on the screen.
3. Click and select Uninstall and follow the uninstall wizard.
4. And Reboot your system after uninstalling.
5. When you start your system completely again, open Device Manager as described above.
6. Click on Actions button > choose Scan for hardware changes button.
7. Your system will automatically detect the missing driver. But if the scan fails, then install the missing driver manually from the manufacturer website.
We hope, we were helpful enough to solve your problem with the error message saying video driver crashed and was reset with all the four provided solutions we have given here for you.
Please try to follow each step correctly to fix this error with your system.